Call for Workshop Proposals (PDF version)
IEEE GLOBECOM 2014 will be hosting a series of workshops and invites the submission of workshop proposals. Workshops should emphasize current topics of particular interest to the community, and should include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
Workshop Proposal Format
Proposals should use the template available and should not exceed 5 pages. Each workshop proposal must include:
- Title of the workshop
- Length of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day
- Names, addresses, and a short CV (up to 200 words) of the organizers
- A brief description (1 page max) of the technical issues that the workshop will address, emphasizing its timeliness
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers
- Planned format of the workshop, such as number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels etc.
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- A draft call for papers
The workshop website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
Accepted workshops will implement ComSoc's academic best practices regarding peer reviews and paper publication. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Workshop Proposal Submission
The deadline for proposals is no later than 14 February 2014.
Proposals should be submitted by EDAS, http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=16601.
Timeline for Workshop Preparation and Organization
Proposal Deadline: 14 February 2014
Notification of Selection: 20 February 2014
Website for each workshop on: 1 April 2014
Website showing technical program: 15 September 2014
Deadline for workshop paper submission: 15 July 2014
Acceptance/rejection announcement: 1 September 2014
Final workshop papers due: 1 October 2014